[Fresh & Dedicated VPN] macOS - VPN Setup - L2TP [IPBurger]
With L2TP you can use the IPBurger VPN directly on your macOS without any applications. The major steps to setup VPN with L2TP are as below:
- Get the required L2TP credentials from IPBurger website
- Setup VPN and connect
Let's take a look at them.
1. Get the required L2TP credentials from IPBurger website
Open IPBurger website and click on Login as shown.
Enter your credentials and login.
Once loggedin, click on 'My VPNs'.
Select the IP you want to setup.
On the details page, click on the clog icon as shown.
A pop-up will open. Scroll down to the bottom and click on the green button that says "L2TP/IPSec" to see the credentials.
2. Setup VPN and connect
Click the Apple icon and select 'System Preferences'
In the window that opens, click on "+" sign as shown:
Now, enter the details as shown and click on 'Create'.
- Interface: VPN
- VPN Type: L2TP over IPSec
- Service Name: Write something you can remember ideal is IPBurger
Follow the steps as shown in the image.
- In 'Configuration' select Default. In server address add the address that we got in the first step with credentials and in account name, mention the username that we got in the credentials.
- Check mark the option saying Show VPN status in menu bar
- Click on 'Authentication Settings'.
On the next window, enter the password that we got in the credentials and next to 'Shared Secret' enter the PSK that we got from credentials and click on 'OK'.
Now, click on 'Advnaced' button.
Click on 'Options' and select all three checkboxes as shown and click 'OK'
Click on 'Apply'
Once you apply the settings, click on 'Connect'
Go to IPBurger.com and check your IP.
If you have issues following the guide, or you are unable to connect, you can always reach out to us at [email protected]
Was this answer helpful?
At times, there are some computer settings that won't allow Viscosity to import the profile...
Sometimes your VPN may stop working or there may be speed issues. There are many reasons why you...
We recommend you to upgrade your system to Windows 7 or 10 to use a premium, feature-rich...
Make sure you are signed up for IPBurger VPN. To participate in our Beta service at a discounted...
With L2TP you can use the IPBurger VPN directly on your Windows without any applications. The...