[Fresh & Dedicated VPN] Chromebook - VPN Setup - L2TP [IPBurger]
With L2TP you can use the IPBurger VPN directly on your Chromebook without any applications. The major steps to setup VPN with L2TP are as below:
- Get the required L2TP credentials from IPBurger website
- Setup VPN and connect
- Test if your VPN connection is secure
Let's take a look at them.
1. Get the required L2TP credentials from IPBurger website
Open IPBurger website and click on Login as shown.
Enter your credentials and login.
Once loggedin, click on 'My VPNs'.
Select the IP you want to setup.
On the details page, click on the clog icon as shown.
A pop-up will open. Scroll down to the bottom and click on the green button that says "L2TP/IPSec" to see the credentials.
2. Setup VPN and connect
Click the account icon on the bottom left corner of the screen and click on the 'Settings' icon as shown.
Under the 'Network' options, click on 'Add Connection' and then click on 'Add OpenVPN/L2TP'.
In a window that opens fill up the details that we got in the first step.
- In Server hostname enter the server address that we got in first step.
- In Provider Type select 'L2TP/IPSec + pre-shared key'
- In Preshared Key enter the key from the first setp.
- Enter Username and Password that we got in the first step.
- Checkmark the option saying Save identity and password
Recheck if all the details are filled up correctly and then click on Connect.
When you see the key icon as shown, check your IP on IPBurger.com
To disconnect the VPN, click on VPN under Network. Select the VPN you created and then click on Disconnect.
3. Test if your VPN connection is secure
After you are connected with the VPN, we recommend that you run all the tests given here: How to test if your VPN connection is fully secured? - IP and DNS leak tests
If you have issues following the guide, or you are unable to connect, you can always reach out to us at [email protected]
Was this answer helpful?
We recommend you to upgrade your system to Windows 7 or 10 to use a premium, feature-rich...
Sometimes your VPN may stop working or there may be speed issues. There are many reasons why you...
We have a customized version of Viscosity, a premium VPN software. This is availed for free with...
If you are using a single IP address and you would like to auto-connect it when your computer...
Make sure you are signed up for IPBurger VPN. To participate in our Beta service at a discounted...